5 Facts about Bruce Lee
1. Bruce was a martial arts practitioner and teacher first. Some of his students included Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Steve McQueen, Chuck Norris, James Coburn, James Garner, Mike Stone & Joe Lewis.
2. Bruce was the Hong Kong Cha Cha champion in 1958.
3. Bruce had 3 martial arts schools named the Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute located in Seattle, Oakland and Los Angeles.
4. Bruce's martial art is called Jeet Kune Do (in English: The Way of The Intercepting Fist), which he first named in 1967. The essence of Jeet Kune Do is Simplicity. Directness. Freedom. JKD is not only a martial art, indeed it is a philosophy, an approach to life. To this day, Jeet Kune Do continues to influence people of all walks of life. From athletes, to artists to accountants.
5. As an actor, Bruce was discovered by a hairstylist-to-the-stars while performing a martial arts exhibition in Long Beach, California. Bruce would go on to star in 5 movies - The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, The Way of The Dragon, Enter The Dragon and Game of Death (did not complete).